- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup packed flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
l large loaf ciabatta bread, halved horizontally
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet and sauté the onion for 4 minutes. Reduce heat and cook for 8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool.
Put the onion in the food processor with the parsley, salt, vinegar cilantro, oregano, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings. Process until finely chopped. Gradually add 5 tablespoons of the oil and process until well blended.
Brush the bread with the remaining oil and grill, cut sides down, until browned. Brush with the chimichurri sauce and serve warm.