Posted April 14th, 2011 @ 9:48am
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sieved
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fine lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 recipe Citrus Vinaigrette
- Crisp lettuce leaves
Remove and steam in a vegetable steamer (or in microwave oven) for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on thickness of spears. Cook only until crisp-tender.
Remove and refresh in ice water. Pat dry.
Place on a bed on lettuce leaves on a serving plate.
Mix together the sieved eggs with the parsley and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the asparagus with the egg mixture.
Make the vinaigrette according to the following recipe..
Just before serving, drizzle over enough vinaigrette to lightly coat the asparagus.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of black pepper
Whisk together until well blended.