- 6 rib or loin pork chops, about 1” thick
- Olive oil
Chili Rub* Cincinnati Chili Sauce* Cincinnati
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Canned French Fried Onions
Cover and chill for at least one hour.
Broil or grill the chops until internal temperature is 150 º F.
Divide the chili sauce among 6 plates and scatter some grated cheese of each portion. Top with a cooked chop, more cheese and some French-fried onions.
- 1 teaspoon each black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
Remove from heat and stir in the salt and cocoa powder.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 15-ounce cans crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
Add the salt and pepper and tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in the beans with the remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes more.
Taste and correct the seasonings. Keep hot while cooking chops.