- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ocean perch fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 recipe Remoulade Sauce
Season with salt and pepper.
Dredge in flour, shaking off the excess.
Beat the eggs with the milk.
Dip the fish in the egg mixture and then roll in cornmeal to coat.
Place on a waxed paper lined tray and chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
Heat about 2” oil in a heavy skillet to 365-375 º F.
Fry the fish until golden brown turning once.
Drain on a soft white paper towel.
Serve immediately with Remoulade Sauce or place on metal baking sheet and keep warm in a warm oven.
Serves 6 to 8.
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 1/2 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
With the motor running pour in the oil in a steady stream.
Process until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
Chill until ready to serve