- 2 pounds small potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved and cut into thin strips
- 1 large Vidalia onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup, packed, finely shredded fresh basil leaves
- Whole basil sprigs, for garnish
Wash the potatoes and trim a small slice off of the top and bottom. Slice into thin (1/4”) slices, either in a mandolin or with the slicing blade of the food processor.
Place in a vegetable steamer and steam for 8 minutes, or until tender, but still firm.
Pour into a large bowl. Stir together the chicken broth and vinegar and pour over the hot potatoes. Toss lightly and allow to sit until they are completely cool. Drain and return to the bowl. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Toss in the bell pepper strips, onion slices and basil.
Garnish with more basil.
Serve at room temperature or chill to serve later.