- 6 rib or loin pork chops, about 1” thick
- Olive oil
- Cincinnati Chili Rub*
- Cincinnati Chili Sauce*
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Canned French Fried Onions
Rub the pork chops lightly on both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of the chili rub on each side.
Cover and chill for at least one hour.
Broil or grill the chops until internal temperature is 150 º F.
Divide the chili sauce among 6 plates and scatter some grated cheese of each portion. Top with a cooked chop, more cheese and some French-fried onions.
*Cincinnati Chili Rub
- 1 teaspoon each black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
Combine all of the spices in a heavy, dry skillet over medium heat. Shake the pan until the spices are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the salt and cocoa powder.
Cincinnati Chili Sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 15-ounce cans crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
Sauté the onion and pepper in olive oil over medium heat until the onions are transparent,About 5 minutes, stirring.
Add the salt and pepper and tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in the beans with the remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes more.
Taste and correct the seasonings. Keep hot while cooking chops.