- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups each chicken broth and water
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 3 cups chopped dill pickles
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream (or 1/2 &1/2)
- Salt, pepper and fresh chopped dill
Sauté the carrots, celery, onion and garlic in the butter until tender.
Stir in the flour and cook over medium heat, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes…do not brown.
Stir in the broth and water.
Add the potatoes and pickles and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in the creams.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh chopped dill.