- 2 pound small red-skinned potatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock (may use canned)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large red Spanish onion, thinly sliced (or sweet salad onion)
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- Whole basil leaves, for garnish
Slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch slices.
Place in a steamer and steam for 7 to 8 minutes or until just fork tender.
Meanwhile stir together the chicken stock and vinegar in a large bowl and pour in the hot steamed potatoes.
Toss lightly and allow to cool.
Roast the bell peppers.
Cut the peeled and seeded peppers into small strips and toss with the oil, salt and pepper.
Lightly toss together the potatoes, pepper strips, onions parsley and basil.
Garnish with the whole basil leaves.
Serves 8 to 10.