Listen Live on  


THE Talk Station in Cincinnati

Simply Money

Social Security Links

Posted April 16th, 2014 @ 4:02pm

In some instances, Social Security recipients have to pay taxes on their benefits. However, the Social Security Administration allows you to withhold federal taxes. You can do this by using the Voluntary Withholding Request form (IRS form W-4V). Please click here to be sent to the IRS website to access this form. Or you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676 and ask for the form.

For more information about tax withholding of Social Security benefits, please reference IRS Publication 554 (Tax Guide for Seniors), as well as IRS Publication 915 (Social Security and Equivalent Railroad Retirement Benefits).




Recommended Stories

More from 55KRC