Downtown and Over-The-Rhine Events
June 28 to July 1, 2018
For more events, visit http://www.downtowncincinnati.com
Reds vs. Brewers
Friday, June 28th 7:10
Saturday, June 30th 4:10
Sunday, July 1st 1:10
Great American Ballpark
- Firework Friday
- Rosie Red Bobblehead giveaway on Saturday
- Sunday, Kids Fathead Wall Decal giveaway, free to kids 14 and younger
Chocolate: The Exhibition
Opens Friday, June 29th – Through January 6th 2019
Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
Adult: $14 Senior: $12 Child: $1 Member Adult: $7 Member Child: Free
From kings to kids, rainforests to candy wrappers, experience the global journey of everyone’s favorite sweet treat. Chocolate hasn’t always been a bar. It hasn’t always been widely available. It hasn’t even always been sweet. Chocolate: The Exhibition tracks the rich history of the cacao bean, from its beginning as a royal — even divine — Mayan drink to its current role as a romantic gesture, guilty pleasure and global commodity. Follow the history of chocolate culture and science from the 10th century rainforest to the modern-day corner store.
Explore chocolate’s impact on natural history. Stand beneath a life-size cacao tree in a Mesoamerican rainforest. Learn about the tree’s unusual anatomy and the different products that can be drawn from a single cacao bean (what’s the difference between cocoa and cacao anyway?).
Get to know the industrial processes that made chocolate everybody’s favorite treat, not just a luxury for the rich and powerful. European silver and porcelain servers, vintage chocolate molds, early advertisements and montages from chocolate factory floors will follow chocolate’s emergence onto the world stage.
Final Friday in Over the Rhine
Friday, June 29th 5pm-12am
- Every month, artists and art galleries in the historic Over-the-Rhine district of Cincinnati open their doors for a special showing on the last Friday, known to most simply as “Final Friday”
- Artwork is included from established artists as well as younger artists from both Cincinnati and out-of-town. This creates a walkable, relaxed, urban environment where generally from 5:00 p.m. to 12 a.m. in the evening one can connect with the arts community
- Open galleries include Main Street Galleries, the Art Academy of Cincinnati, Moerlein Tap room, and many more
- Pendleton Arts Center- Studio walks are the Final Friday of each month from 6-10 p.m. Studios of the Pendleton Art Center are open to the public.
- Giving guests the opportunity to view creative art space, as well as purchase one-of-a-kind-artwork directly from artists, view and purchase their artwork, attend lectures, live demonstrations and FREE interactive classes
The Red Door Project Final Friday Show
Friday, June 29th, 6pm
1920 Race St.
- The Red Door Project is partnering with Rookwood Pottery this month, the theme being “Sculpted!”
- The Red Door Project is a pop-up art gallery featuring work from artists throughout Cincinnati who have put together pieces around specific themes and entered them into a gallery auction. Each month there is an open call to artists to submit their artwork based on a theme set by the gallery. The piece is curated, priced to sell, and displayed at the gallery, where the entire community is invited each month.
- Enjoy a fun night of local art, music and food in a unique space in the Findlay Market District on Race Street.
- The Silent Auction ends at 9pm so be sure to arrive early to put your bid on your favorite piece of artwork.
Creative Reuse Group Show 2018
Friday, June 29th 6-10 p.m.
1334 Main St
- Join us for our annual summer Creative Reuse Group Show! This year's show has a fun twist. In celebration of creative reuse, we supplied artists with a "mystery" creative reuse material from Indigo Hippo with the challenge to transform the material in a new original work of art!
- To add to the fun, we will have a "People's Choice Award" where you can vote for the artist who most successfully transformed their mystery material.
- Free snacks and drinks
- Kid friendly
Moonbeau Album Release w/ Coastal Club
Doors at 8:30 p.m., Show at 9:30 p.m.
Friday June 29th
1404 Main St
- General Admission: $8 advance, $10 day of show
- INHAILER: Presents Moonbeau & Coastal Club VIP Meet & Greet sponsored by Eli's BBQ: $15 advance (to upgrade GA to VIP, email firstname.lastname@example.org)- Admission to the show- Elis BBQ catering - Signed commemorative poster - Meet & greet / dinner with bands, INHAILER DJs and staff
- Doors at 8:30PM, Show at 9:30PM
- Ages 18+
For tickets visit: https://www.cincyticket.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=4149
Fountain Square- Fifth & Vine Live
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – Live Concert
Friday, June 29th 8:00 p.m.
- Fifth and Vine Live is a brand-new music series that pulls inspiration from several of Fountain Square's past music series including Indie Vol 2017 and FSQ Live, and features an eclectic lineup of national, regional, and local acts as well as event partnerships with local organizations.
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah musical project of American indie rock. The group was founded in 2004 and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Brooklyn, New York.
For more info: https://cincymusic.com/bands/clap-your-hands-say-yeah
Sliding into Om
Saturday, June 30th 8:30 a.m.
Great American Ballpark
- The Cincinnati Reds are excited to be hosting the fifth annual Sliding into Om event, presented by St. Elizabeth Healthcare.
- Your yoga package will include one View Level ticket to the Sunday, July 1 Reds vs. Brewers game.
- Special yoga session taught by The Yoga Bar.
- 7:45 - 8:15 A.M.Registration and Check In8:15 A.M.Setup your mat8:30 - 9:30 A.M.Yoga Session on the field with The Yoga Bar9:30 - 10 A.M.Exit with snacks and beverages provided by local venders
$15 Package- Includes a View Level ticket to the Sunday, July 1 Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers games with a special recognition to all yogis during the seventh inning stretch
$25 Package-Includes all of the above PLUS an exclusive Reds Yoga Block, while supplies last
- Must bring your own yoga mat. Mats will not be provided
For more information and tickets visit: https://www.mlb.com/reds/tickets/events/sliding-into-om
Wiedemann’s Beer Boxing Championships
Saturday, June 30th 2:00 p.m.- 11 p.m.
705 E Pete Rose Way
- The Wiedemann's Beer Boxing Championships at Yeatman’s Cove Park is a Charity Boxing Event and a Beer festival benefiting the Semper Fi Fund while featuring the elite OHIO and KENTUCKY breweries.
- A Beer festival is combined with a Boxing exhibition supporting our Nations Armed Forces while exhibiting patriotism in front of thousands of people.
- This event is hosted by The Punch House and Wiedemann's Brewery but features Woodburn Brewery, Darkness Brewery, Bad Tom Smith Brewery and more. The beer festival will begin at 2:00pm. Immediately following the beer festival our United States Color Guard Ceremony will lead us into the boxing exhibition that starts at 6:00pm.
For more information and tickets visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/2017261418590634/
Red, White, and Brew
Taft Museum of Art
316 Pike Street, Downtown
Saturday, July 2nd 6 p.m.- 9 p.m.
- 6 locally-produced brews from Taft’s Brewing Co. paired with crafted bites, while listening to mellow sounds of Dan Van Vechten. Tour house and see where William Howard Taft accepted presidential nomination.
- Ages 21 and up.
- $45, $35 Taft member.
- Reservations required. 513-241-0343; taftmuseum.org.
Art on Vine
Sunday, July 1st 12 p.m.-6 p.m.
- Up to 60 Local artists showcasing and selling fine arts and hand made goods on the Lovely Landmark Fountain Square in the center of Downtown Cincinnati!
- A full bar provided by Fountain Square. Reds fans can sit back and watch the game on the big screen!
- Every first Sunday of the month
For more information visit: https://myfountainsquare.com/series/art-on-vine/
Cincinnati Contemporary Jazz Orchestra
Sunday, July 1st – 7:30 p.m.
- Music of Radiohead, David Bowie, Prince, and more
- OTR Performs returns this summer! Every Sunday, enjoy an evening of FREE arts programming in the Park that is sure to please the whole family.
- Washington Park’s concessions offer full bar service, including beer, wine, liquor, and coke products. Craft beer offerings from Taft’s Ale House, Rhinegeist, Fifty West, and the Christian Moerlein Brewing Company are also available for purchase.
For more information visit: https://washingtonpark.org/event/dbl-law-otr-performs-2-2018-06-10/?event