- 3 cups diced raw potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
Add all ingredients to the water. Simmer for 15 minutes. Do not drain.
Make the white sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heated milk
Melt the butter in a small heavy pot. Stir in the flour. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes without browning.
Whisk in the salt and milk. Cook until thickened.
Stir into the potato mixture, blending well.
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmigiano-Regianno cheese
- Garnish with chopped parsley or green onions, if desired.