- 6 fresh cod fillets (or other firm white fish)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Thin lime slices and cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Put the fish into a shallow dish.Stir together all of the remaining ingredients and pour over the fish.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, as long as 8 hours.
Remove the fish from the marinade and grill over a hot grill for 10 to 15 minutes, or just until cooked through. Turn once.
Garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs.