· 6 fresh salmon fillets, 5 to 7 oz. each
· 2 cups dry white wine
· 2 cups water
· 1 rib celery, chopped
· 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
· Bouquet garni (composed of 2 sprigs fresh thyme, 2 sprigs parsley and 1 large bay leaf)
· 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
· Pulp of half a lemon
· 2 teaspoon salt
.· Parchment paper, buttered
In a large, non-reactive skillet (large enough to hold fish in a single layer), combine wine, water, celery, onion, bouquet garni (composed of 2 sprigs fresh thyme, 2 sprigs parsley and 1 large bay leaf), hot pepper sauce and salt.
Bring to a boil over high heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the fish. Cover with buttered parchment paper and poach over gentle heat for 5 to 7 minutes or just until fish is cooked through.
Remove to a side dish.
· 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
· 1/4 cup dry white wine
· 2 tablespoon minced shallots
· 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1 tablespoon each minced fresh chives, flat-leaf parsley and tarragon
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1 teaspoon salt
To make the vinaigrette: in a non-aluminum saucepan heat together the vinegar, wine and shallots. Boil until the mixture is reduced to 2 tablespoon Whisk in the oil and mustard, whisking until well blended. Stir in the herbs, pepper and salt. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.