- 24-ounce package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded (cooked) chicken, sausage or ham
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 1/2&1/2 (light cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Press the potatoes into a well buttered 9” pie plate. Brush the potatoes with the butter
Sprinkle over the cheese and meat.
Beat together the eggs, cream and salt. Pour over.
Bake in the bottom one-third of a preheated 425 F. oven for 20 minutes. Lower heat to 350 F. and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and done through.
Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Serves 6 to 8.