- 2 cups dark chocolate wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Mix well and press firmly into a 9” pie pan. Place in the freezer until ready to fill. (For at least 1 hour.)The Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 quart fresh summer berries (combination of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
Whip together the cheese and sugar in an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the orange zest.Soften the gelatin in the orange juice. Heat just until the mixture is clear and gelatin in completely dissolved. Cool slightly and stir into the cream cheese mixture.Fold in the sour cream and pour into the chilled pie crust.Arrange the fresh berries on top in a pretty pattern and brush with the following glaze.Chill for at least 1 hour or until the filling is set and firm. (May be made as long as a day before.)Easy Glaze:1/2 cup red currant jellyMelt the jelly in a small saucepan of in a dish in the microwave.Lightly brush the berries with the glaze just until the are coated and shiny.
Makes 1 9” pie.