- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each paprika and dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 3/4 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
Sauté the onion in the tablespoon of butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes without browning. Whisk in the milk and cook until thickened. Stir in the seasonings.
Add the chicken and spaghetti.
Sauté the mushrooms in the 2 tablespoons butter and add to the mixture.
Fold in the cheese.
Put into a buttered dish and top with the crumbs.
Bake in a 425 °F. oven for 15 minutes or until hot through.