Welcome to the last official weekend of summer! As we head into autumn, we look forward to the late garden harvest, crisp air, falling leaves, pumpkins, bonfires, football games, and apple cider.In order to make the most of autumn, create a fall bucket list: a list of things that you want to do this fall.
Just because things are slowing down in your home garden, it doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying the great outdoors. Here are some ideas to avoid Nature Deficit Disorder this fall and burn calories:
- Take your family to a fall festival--this is my all time favorite fall activity!
- Go on a hayride
- Take a fall foliage walk in the park--bonus: burn calories
- Get lost in a corn maze--bonus: burn calories
- Go to a football game--don't forget the best part, tailgaiting! CLICK HERE for healthy recipes
- Go apple picking--bonus: burn calories
- Pick out pumpkins at a real pumpkin patch--bonus: burn calories
In the Kitchen
Take some of your fall homegrown goodness into the kitchen!
- Bake a homemade pie with fresh apples or pumpkin--CLICK HERE for a healthy recipe
- Add pumpkin to a classic recipe--soup, bread, stew
- Roast fall veggies--I love roasting potatoes, squash, beets and onion in my grandmothers roasting dish
- Toast pumpkin seeds--nutritional powerhouse and delicious! CLICK HERE for more
- Host a fall canning or baking party--a fun way to put your fall harvest to good use!
I start decorating for fall on Labor Day, I just love the cozy adornments!