Downtown and Over-The-Rhine Events
June 8 to June 10, 2018
For more events, visit http://www.downtowncincinnati.com
YWCA 150th anniversary celebration
Friday, June 8 from 11a.m.-1p.m.
- The YWCA Greater Cincinnati is celebrating 150 years of serving our amazing community. And we want to celebrate with YOU! Join us on Fountain Square as we mark this noteworthy anniversary
- Today, the agency’s mission of “eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all” continues to be as relevant as ever
- They will be handing out cookies & cupcakes with the Y’s signature orange color as celebration
- will have a photo booth & will be encouraging people to write messages, take selfies & use the hashtag #YWCA150
- not formal event, come and go as you please
Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant
1000 Elm St. (corner of Elm & Court)
- lobstapalooza celebrating its 6th year
- plenty of menu items serving lobster
- a couple of highlights include: Loster tots (tator tots with lobster & cream cheese sauce, Lobster chowder, lobster/bacon mac & cheese, lobster omelette, and Whole Main Lobster
- prices range from $15-$38
For full menu, restaurant hours, and reservations visit https://www.washingtonplatform.com/lobstapalooza
1801 Race Street
Friday, June 8th from 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Every Friday, pull up a red chair and listen to some sweet, sweet folk music. Come before 6pm to take advantage of our happy hour specials ($1 off all draft beers + food specials from Market merchants).
- Artist of night is Tom Eby
Wild & Scenic Film Festival
1404 Main St
Friday, June 8th at 6 p.m.
- 6 p.m. doors open and reception. 7 p.m. films start
- There will be 10 films, a raffle, and food & drinks
- Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 day of the show
To buy tickets go to: https://www.cincyticket.com/eventperformances.asp?evt=4156
A Taste of Duveneck Presents: The Art of Wine
Cincinnati Art Museum
953 Eden Park Drive
Friday, June 8th from 6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Join the Cincinnati Art Museum for our 28th annual food and wine event featuring an extensive assortment of wine and beer, delectable local food
- live music from the Naked Karate Girls
- access to the entire museum, including free admission to special exhibition Terracotta Army: Legacy of the First Emperor of China.
- Ticket prices start at $85
- All guests must be 21+ to attend
Purchase tickets at: http://www.cincinnatiartmuseum.org/events-programs/fundraisers/the-art-of-wine/
Nothing Like A Dame: A Cabaret of Broadway’s Leading Ladies
650 Walnut St
Friday, June 8th 8 p.m. & Saturday, June 9th 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Celebrate Broadway’s legendary leading ladies -- from Mary Martin and Ethel Merman to Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth
- A cast of some of Cincinnati’s finest theatre talent will perform memorable musical moments from the Golden Age of Broadway, right up to today’s contemporary hit shows, including Anything Goes, The Sound of Music, Gypsy, Evita, Into the Woods, and Wicked.
- The production is by Cincinnati Music Theatre, with support from the Cincinnati Arts
For more information and ticket information visit: https://www.cincinnatiarts.org/events/detail/dame
Saturday, June 9th at 9 a.m.
- As a part of Washington Park’s Weekend Workout wellness series there will be yoga on the lawn Saturday morning at 9 a.m. till 10 a.m.
For more information visit: https://washingtonpark.org/event/weekend-workout-11-2018-04-14/2018-06-09/?event
Josh Prine and Tyler Childers
317 E. 5th street
Saturday, June 9th at 8:00 p.m.
- John Prine is a singer songwriter who wrote songs for many well-known artists including Johnny Cash, Bonnie Raitt, the Everly Brothers, John Denver, Kris Kristofferson, Carly Simon, Ben Harper, Joan Baez, and many others
- Tyler Childers grew up in Lawrence Country, Kentucky, and all of the 10 songs on his album are inspired by his hometown. “The album is simultaneously modern and as ancient as the Appalachian Mountains in which events unfold.”
- Tickets range from $61.50 to 101.50
To purchase tickets, visit: http://tafttheatre.org/events/2018/06/john
Rookwood XXVIII Auction
Humler & Nolan
225 E. 6th Street
Saturday, June 9th & Sunday, June 10th
- Two-day auction of fine American & European Art Pottery and Art Glass
- Keramics auction is on June 9th from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Art glass Auction is on June 9th from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Rookwood Auction is on June 10th from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
For more information visit: http://humlernolan.com/Auctions/June-2018
I’m Going to Shine Talent Show
Memorial Hall OTR
1225 Elm Street
Saturday, June 9th 4:00 p.m.
- PRESENTED BY TOPSHELF MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT
- This talent show will give people with multiple talents and gifts an opportunity to share them on a stage in front of multitudes of possible fans. We invite people of all walks of life to join and share their gifts in a family friendly environment. This will help unity the community as a family.
- The contestant(s) who wins the overall competition will receive $2,500, an industry track, YouTube video and an audition for first season of the international TV show Bump It TV
- Tickets range from $5-$35
For more information and to buy tickets visit: https://www.memorialhallotr.com/cincinnati-shows/im-going-to-shine-talent-show-presented-by-topshelf-music-and-entertainment/
Second Sunday On Main
Main St. from 12th to Orchard
Sunday, June 10th from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Over-the-Rhine's oldest street festival is back for its thirteenth year! Re-discover all that Main St. has to offer and come celebrate the heart and soul of OTR with your neighbors, families and friends. Live music, 100+ vendors, food trucks, arts programming and so much more
- Music Lineup includes musical performances by Baba Charles Samba Parade, Beloved Youth, Mark Robinson, Automagik, and Queen City Silver Stars
- Beer menu includes beers from Taft’s brewing company and Platform Beer Co.
- Taft's Brewing Co.- Pride & Passion(fruit) [Biergarten only!]- Nellie's Keylime Caribbean Ale- Gavel Banger IPAPlatform Beer Co. [Ava in Biergarten only!]- New Cleaveland Palesner- Hyper Retro Lemon Ginger Saison
- Food Vendors include Carbonara, The Arepa Place, Little Berlin, OTR Bagelry, BanaSun Smoothie Bar, Street Pops, Hungree Wizard Cupcakes, and The Cheesecakery
Sunday, June 10th 6AM
- A community of riders, virtual riders and volunteers each making a commitment to defeat cancer. Ride Cincinnati is more than just a bike ride – it’s a place of hope, optimism, determination and change.
- 100% of every rider-raised dollar goes directly toward life-saving cancer research at the University of Cincinnati’s Barrett Cancer Center.
Online registration closes Friday, June 8, at 5 p.m. EST.
After this date, you are able to register in person at Yeatman's Cove (705 E. Pete Rose Way Cincinnati, OH 45202) on Saturday, June 9, 4-7 p.m. Registration is also available at Yeatman's Cove on Sunday, June 10, beginning at 5 a.m.
For more information and to register visit: https://www.ridecincinnati.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventId=512
1910 Elm Street
Sunday, June 10th 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Enjoy a Yoga Class led by an amazing Modo Teacher
- The class is Free, but Donations are accepted for our Yoga Program @CityLink Center.
- Please bring your own yoga mat & water.
Opera in the Park
Sunday, June 10th 7:30p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Celebrate Cincinnati Opera's 98th Summer Festival, our first back at the beautifully restored Music Hall, with a magical evening of music in Washington Park!
- This free outdoor concert in OTR features a selection of opera and musical theater favorites performed by stars from the 2018 season, the Cincinnati Opera Chorus, and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.
- Admission is free!
For more info visit: https://www.cincinnatiopera.org/calendar/opera-park-2018