Thursday, March 18, 2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Anyone with an Internet connection can read the latest news, listen to their favorite music, chat with friends, search for anything online, shop, pay bills, play games, and watch videos, all for “free”
- But it’s not really free. If you’re not paying with money, you’re paying with data. You’re NOT the customer, you’re the product.
- Companies like Google and Facebook Hoover up every little bit of data that they can get their hands on, and monetize it in a variety of ways including selling it to other companies, who may or may not secure it correctly.
- An ever increasing number of “smart” devices we interact with are collecting volumes of very detailed information about how and where we live, work and play 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It’s relentless and pervasive and in many cases, not obvious
- Americans are sleepwalking into an Orwellian future nearly as frightening as the one the Chinese are constructing
- At this session, I will explore how you can improve your privacy and security with tools and techniques to limit your digital footprint and lock down your devices
- After the presentation I will take questions via the the Zoom meeting
- Join us on March 18th at 7:00 PM, register here: https://form.jotform.com/210417187894160