Thanksgiving will be here! Take some of the stress out of Turkey Day by having your mashed potatoes done ahead.
MAKE AHEAD MASHED POTATOES
I like to use baking or Yukon gold.
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, not fat-free
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 stick butter, softened plus extra for dotting on top
- Seasoned or regular salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in pan; add water to cover, stir in a little salt, and bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add potatoes; beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in butter and seasoning.
- Transfer to a sprayed 9x13 dish. Refrigerate, covered, overnight or up to 2 days.
- To reheat in oven: Remove from refrigerator an hour ahead of time. Dot top with butter.
- Cover and reheat anywhere from 325 to 375 until heated through - about 45-60 minutes or so.
- To reheat in microwave: Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before heating. Microwave, uncovered, on high 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in 2 tablespoons milk and 2 tablespoons softened butter. Microwave until heated through.