Double Fresh Pea Salad
This yummy double-pea salad is easy to prepare for company. Use any leftover fresh dill in your next mayonnaise-based salad. This is adapted from a recipe sent to me by a reader. It is delicious!
Yields: 5 cups
· 1/2 pound snow peas
· 1 package(s) (10-ounce) frozen peas
· 1/2 cup(s) minced red onion
· 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
· 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
· 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh dill
· 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. In 5-quart to 6-quart saucepot, heat 2 inches water to boiling over high heat. Add snap peas and frozen peas; cook 1 minute. Drain vegetables; rinse under cold running water to stop cooking. Drain again; pat dry between layers of paper towels.
2. In large bowl, stir onion, vinegar, oil, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper until mixed. Add peas; toss to coat. If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.