Two Way Moist and Yummy Pumpkin Bread
• 1 and 3/4 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1-1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil, melted
• 1/4 cup orange juice or milk
• 3/4 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet mini or regular chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven 350. Use the lower rack. Spray or grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
Whisk flour, soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt together. Set aside.
Whisk eggs and sugars until combined.
Whisk in pumpkin, oil, and orange juice.
Pour these wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently mix. There will be a few lumps. Do not over-mix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips, if including.
Pour into pan. Bake 60–65 minutes, making sure to loosely cover the bread with foil halfway through to prevent top from getting too brown. It’s done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean with only a few small moist crumbs. This may be before or after 60–65 minutes depending on your oven, so begin checking every 5 minutes around the 55-minute mark.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack before removing and slicing. Cover and store leftover pumpkin bread at room temperature for up to 3–4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Adapted only slightly from sallysbakingaddition.com.